Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Injured Constable Arun Jadhav was in the vehicle whose tyre burst when the desperadoes had commandeered it in their attempt to flee from police chase.
Karkare, encounter specialist Vijay Salaskar and Additional Commissioner of Police Ashok Kamte, who were all travelling in the same vehicle, were shot dead along with three constables by the terrorists.
The top officers were on way to Cama Hospital, just a 10-minute drive from CST station, to check on another injured officer Sadanand Date. [My views: Can any defence agency approve this action as a wise action!!! The answer is NO. Then what made these three top ranked officials to rush in this way ?]
"When we were informed that Sadanand Date has been injured at the firing in Cama Hospital Karkare, Kamte, Salaskar and four constables left from CST to the spot.
"Five minutes later, two persons carrying AK-47 rifles emerged from behind a tree and started firing at out vehicle," said Jadhav, who was hit by two bullets in his right arm and is recuperating in the Bombay Hospital.
Sitting on his bed on the 14th floor of the hospital, Jadhav, who has been in the police service for the past 12 years, said the exact number of shots fired at the police car was not known, but the three top officers and as many constables were killed on the spot. Jadhav was the only person in the vehicle who survived.
"I have been working with Salaskar my entire police career but I could not do anything to save his life," he said with tears rolling down his eyes.
While Salaskar was at the wheel, Kamte was in the front seat and Karkare in the second row with the four Constables, including Jadhav, at the back seat.
"The two terrorists then came up to our vehicle and pulled out Karkare, Kamte and Salaskar's bodies out and threw them on the road. Thinking that we (Constables) are also dead, the terrorists then got into the car and started driving towards Metro junction," Jadhav said.
They fired three rounds at journalists and police vans standing at Metro junction and then sped away towards Vidhan Bhawan in south Mumbai, where again they fired some rounds.
"The terrorists then started driving from Vidhan Bhawan when the car's tyre burst. They then got off the car and ran towards another vehicle," he said.
Jadhav then got in touch with the police control and informed them about the death of Karkare, Kamte, Salaskar and the three Constables.
"Additional Commissioner of Police (ATS) Parambir Singh and other police officers then rushed to the spot and took the bodies to St George hospital," Jadhav said.
Sunday, December 07, 2008
- I will keep the memories of 26/11 in my mind not allow to mending wounds in my heart. Though I am and always will be ready even to take one on one fight with the whatever kind of direct or indirect terror, as a mature citizen I will not react like an extremist.
- I will keep reminding my daughters and my students about the need of the time to get set go in the war against terror.
- I will not criticise any politician unduly but I will also not be affraid of giving my bold views openly about what is expected from the leaders and which of their actions have harmed the Nation.
- I believe that the majority of the extremists are claiming to be Islamic, but I will never think the other way that Islam induces terror or Muslims are terrorists. I know of scores of my Muslim friends loving India and the very soil they share with us. At the same time, very politely and clearly I will state to my Muslim friends and to the fellow citizens in general, that certain verses in Qumran are intentionally misinterpreted by Muslim extremists so take hold of the Muslim uneducated mass. The so called Ulemas, Maulanas, and Qazies are taking disadvantage of this double meaning verses to keep the hatredness towards other religions, especially Hindus and Christians, in the heart of the laymen Muslim community. I will openly bring this to the notice of my friends without adding any bias. I will explain my educated Muslim friends that Muslim community needs the real education.
- I will propagate the message of peace to as many youngsters as I can reach at my level.
- I will tell them what the real patriotism means.
- I will keep on analysing here the actions of politicians, the human right activists (the most dangerous animals on the earth), the traders of various religions, the teachers (the most inactive organ of the Indian society); and in doing so, I will keep myself as impartial and true to my belief as is expected from a teacher. Not all my posts here will be directly related to fight only the terrorism but to evolve a nation full of disciplined citizens.