After my anger has started a definite shape and after making my mind calm, composed but keeping the terrorist attack a permanent resident of my brain, I am on to my blog sharing my views with people. Here you are welcome to comment and helping the discussion evolve to keep us determined to face the terrorists, (may be I will love to be a part of one on one fight with the terror) and discussing our prime duties towards our motherland.
My partly settled views hint upon what as a common man I should do. Since, I am teaching postgraduate students, some points are applicable more to my profession. However, one can take this input, may modify the actions to tailor make it according to one's occupation.
- I will keep the memories of 26/11 in my mind not allow to mending wounds in my heart. Though I am and always will be ready even to take one on one fight with the whatever kind of direct or indirect terror, as a mature citizen I will not react like an extremist.
- I will keep reminding my daughters and my students about the need of the time to get set go in the war against terror.
- I will not criticise any politician unduly but I will also not be affraid of giving my bold views openly about what is expected from the leaders and which of their actions have harmed the Nation.
- I believe that the majority of the extremists are claiming to be Islamic, but I will never think the other way that Islam induces terror or Muslims are terrorists. I know of scores of my Muslim friends loving India and the very soil they share with us. At the same time, very politely and clearly I will state to my Muslim friends and to the fellow citizens in general, that certain verses in Qumran are intentionally misinterpreted by Muslim extremists so take hold of the Muslim uneducated mass. The so called Ulemas, Maulanas, and Qazies are taking disadvantage of this double meaning verses to keep the hatredness towards other religions, especially Hindus and Christians, in the heart of the laymen Muslim community. I will openly bring this to the notice of my friends without adding any bias. I will explain my educated Muslim friends that Muslim community needs the real education.
- I will propagate the message of peace to as many youngsters as I can reach at my level.
- I will tell them what the real patriotism means.
- I will keep on analysing here the actions of politicians, the human right activists (the most dangerous animals on the earth), the traders of various religions, the teachers (the most inactive organ of the Indian society); and in doing so, I will keep myself as impartial and true to my belief as is expected from a teacher. Not all my posts here will be directly related to fight only the terrorism but to evolve a nation full of disciplined citizens.
With all the above (and may be some more points to be added later) in the centre of my discussion, I start with the sharing my thoughts at various levels of the 26/11 attack.
On 28/11 I shared my heart with my friends as follows: [What I add today are bracketed sentences]
My mail to my friends on December 2, 2008